Pure Gonzo Engineering

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

I should be able to determine which is the velocitator and which is the deceleratrix.

So, it's T-minus 3 days until we move into the house. I've got the floors done. No pictures, I keep forgetting. They look pretty nice. The poly hides some errors, it's not perfect, but it's the best I could do at the time. When it comes time to sell it, people will only say: "Oh, look honey it has wood floors" Almost everything is done inside now. We have to paint the living room though, because we filled some holes and painted them with the old paint, and the walls had faded too much. So tonight we have to put a quick coat of the newer darker paint up. It shouldn't be too bad.

I don't know why I have such distain for people in authoritative positions.

  • See Previous Encounter With Authority

  • We had a meeting with our Group President the other day, and I couldn't help but feel like I wanted to stand up and start yelling at him. Maybe it's because his salary is some $490,000/year, and his bonus last year was about $520,000. That's right kids; his bonus was bigger than his salary. At the end of the meeting everyone clapped, I did not.

    We now are the division leaders of Peoria "C" league hockey, after a 4-0 defeat of the Blue Team. I scored the game-winning goal. We are now 2-1. Speaking of sport and sports in general. I don't understand why people like to golf. I was kind of into it for a while in High School, but it just isn't all that fun. I think it goes back to the dislike of higher ups. I know all those dicks are out all the time with their other rich buddies golfing and talking about how well their portfolios are doing. I don't really fit into that sport. I could fit into that sport, I just don't want to. I've sold my soul enough at work that I don't need to do it in my leisure time. Part of the wonder and magic of having semi-visible tattoos is that I can fit in anywhere and have credibility. I walk into a tattoo parlor with a T-shirt on and I can spark up a conversation with the artist no problem. Yet, I walk into an important business interview with a suit on and I can talk about the amazing designs I've done and all the cost reductions I've given the company. I can go to Ozzfest and have people tell me how awesome my back piece is, and then turn around on Monday and get approved for a loan at the bank.

    Anyway, Things are going pretty well. No tragedy to deal with, only those bastard ants outside.

    Labels: , ,

    3 Comments:

    • Dude... I know you know I wrote that last post on my blog on purpose. You only have to read the Terri Schiavo post comments to know where I was going. I know you mentioned you use your blog as therapy. And hey, that's where I am with my constant migraine headaches. This stuff therapy. We're just approaching it from two different directions.

      By Blogger Steve, at 6:42 PM, June 22, 2005  

    • Ah, yes. The dastardly ants. I've got a huge colony of them living under my garden and they all come out whenever I water it. With the emphasis on all.

      By Blogger Kevin W., at 12:52 AM, June 23, 2005  

    • Oh, and by the way, I liked the previous template. I think you should have stayed with that one.

      By Blogger Kevin W., at 12:54 AM, June 23, 2005  

    Post a Comment

    << Home