Pure Gonzo Engineering

Monday, June 13, 2005

Metal. Steel. It's cold. Ugly. Wood is warm. Clean. Provided by nature. To see a piece of furniture take shape. It's like watching a child grow

Another weekend is over. As you can see below, we were quite productive this weekend. We got the upstairs bedroom, the kitchen and the dining room painted. I also sanded the wood floor in the dining room. It looks nice. This week I’m going to pick out a stain and stain it and poly coat it. We also hung one of the light fixtures in the kitchen. Almost got the second one hung in the dinning room, but when I was wiring it, it fell and broke the light I had in it to test it. It was 9:00 at night so I was done.

We have two rooms to paint, the floor to finish, the fan and light to hang… and that’s about it for the inside. Then we’ll be ready to move in.

I also played some summer “C” league hockey this weekend. We won 8-7. I scored two tits goals. I should have had the hat trick, but I got dragged down on a breakaway I had. I still drew the power play, but I would have like the third goal. The first goal I had was perfect. Blocker side, top corner as far into the corner as you could possibly be. The puck hit and dropped straight down it was in such a taught part of the net. It was sweet. My team this season is so much better than the one I played on last winter. Everyone can skate, stickhandle, and pass OK. We play pretty well as a team. The teams are also much more balanced than they were last winter. Both of the games we played were decided by two goals or less. Hockey is so much fun. Most people don’t dig it because they can’t skate. Which is a shame, it rules.

You know how in college when you first meet your roommate, it’s all fun and enjoyable. You talk about stuff and have a good time, but then as you start to be around them constantly all of the shit they do that you let slide initially just starts to bug the hell out of you. I hate that. Such is life right?
I’m glad my wife an I avoided such things by living together for like 5 years before we got married. Speaking of which, we’re a day away from our 2-year wedding anniversary. I checked the back of my watch to make sure. “Burns: You will find true love on Flag Day. Why it's Flag Day today: gasp: True love at last!” June 14 is Flag Day.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home