Pure Gonzo Engineering

Monday, June 06, 2005

I go to work so I don't have to work anymore

Work keeps on going on the house. This weekend it feels like we didn't get a whole lot done, but maybe we actually did. I've got the outside trim about 85% done. I just need to touch everything up and do the two upstairs windows, and then do the windows were I accidentally got some paint on them. We also got the two bathrooms patched up, and the upstairs one painted. The downstairs is taped and primed and needs to be painted. We also started laying some new flooring in the upstairs bathroom. That's also about 85% done. Still need to lay the complex cuts around the toilet so that will take some time.

This week I hope we can get the bathrooms DONE. After that I need to prep and paint the kitchen and dining room and pull the tack strips and molding in the dining room so we can finish the dining room floors this weekend. Whenever I tell people that I'm going to finish the hardwood floors they ask me if I've ever done it before. No, I haven't, but you have to learn sometime. Right? I'm sure it won't be easy, but it should be worth it.

After that we need to paint the three bedrooms, paint the outside shutters and hang them, hang the lights and fan in the dining room and kitchen, and ... what else... I don't know. I'm sure there's more, but that's all that comes to mind right now. We've got 18 days until we move all our shit in. Hopefully we'll be all done in that time. It's not the end of the world if we're not, it just gets harder to do stuff when you have all kinds of crap in the way.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home