Pure Gonzo Engineering

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Clouded Mind

Last night I picked out a stain for the wood floors. We're going with English Chestnut. I stained the closet last night to see how it would look. I'm pleased with the color. You can kind of see the errors I made while sanding if you look close, but the closet will be the worst place since I used the edger for most of it. From standing up distance you really can't tell. I think it just gives the floor some character. Tonight I plan on staining the rest of the floor. Then tomorrow start the poly coats.

Before I poly the closet I think I'm going to sign and date a corner, just to put a bit of myself into the work. So when some jackass in 30 years pulls up the floor, or someone refinished them again because they don't like the color, they'll be like: "Who the fuck was this guy who signed his name in the closet?" Then the moment will pass and they'll grab the pry bar or start the sander and it'll be gone. Dust in the wind, Shadows and dust, etc., etc.

That's about all I've got right now

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home