Pure Gonzo Engineering

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Why Do I Always Have to be on B-Squad?

I went to the rink last night to grab a paper schedule for summer league. I saw my buddy Phil’s car in the parking lot.

A developmental hockey session was going on and Phil and another dude I know Nate were shooting around. I gave him a yell and we talked a bit. He told me he hadn’t skated since winter league and he was struggling. It made me feel better and I figured that would be the case for most dudes in the league.

Phil was on a different team I had tried to get on but in the end they were full up. I had forgotten that Nate played for Blue as well so I felt good there would be another familiar face on the team.

As I left I was less nervous and more jacked up about playing. I found out there is a developmental hockey session this afternoon at 4:30 so I’m going to hit that so I can at least remember what it feels like to be on ice before I play on Sunday. It’ll be good to break apart some weak muscle and give it four days to heal.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home