Pure Gonzo Engineering

Friday, July 01, 2005

It's going to be a long day

The combination of moving and the intense heat finally won me over yesterday. After dinner I fell asleep on the couch and didn’t wake up until 8:30. Then I couldn’t fall asleep when I actually wanted to so I’m a bit sleepy this morning.

My design issue is resolved, had to go with plan B, old reliable, Mr. Dependable.

The section is continuing it’s downward spiral. Mr. Fresh has moved on to a new location, and The Beef is looking for a new place. The new kid from Wisconsin quit. I feel that in some way I’m responsible for him leaving. I should have told him how horrible this town was and tried to make his transition easier. I mean when you’re coming from the #1 city in the United States, Madison, and going into essentially the depths of hell, it’s not easy. I know. I did it. I still sit and think longingly about sitting on the Monona Terrace sipping a beer while the cool lake breeze falls across my brow. I do this while staring across the barren wasteland of culture, style, and everything else that is Central Illinois. Soon there will be nothing left in this section but Squares, Conservative Christians, and Morons. Ah well, its just work, nothing important.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • See, that's why I don't brand you as a Commie. Commies automatically think that morons and conservative Christians are the same thing. You don't. Therefore, you don't fall under my scale of commie.

    Plus, your blog isn't entirely political, so you don't fit in another way.

    Once again, congratulations on the house.

    By Blogger Kevin W., at 1:36 AM, July 03, 2005  

  • Scary... I hope it doesn't get filled with liberals!!

    Good luck on the house as well. It too has turned into a hot mofo out here and I am inside hiding in the cool 72 degrees of artificial cooling. I need a new filter. Trust me if you have air conditioner, replace the filter often. They are cheap too. Plus you do your help in saving our precious natural resources by having a clean filter allowing your air conditioner to work less. Off to the orange box now to get a new filter.

    Happy Independence Day!!!

    By Blogger Steve, at 6:22 PM, July 04, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home