Pure Gonzo Engineering

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

I've got a bad case of it's hot outside.

It’s hot as a motherfucker today, and humid to boot. I need to be out in the shop, which is not air-conditioned to deal with an issue with my design. Normally I wear long sleeves to cover up Icarus and the girls, but today it’s just too damn hot to wear a long sleeve undershirt and an outer shirt. This morning I had to do some thinking. How could I get away with a single layer and still not let the girl’s jugs see the light of day at work? Fuck if I care after work, but during work it’s unacceptable. (Which I’m cool with, if you don’t dig my shit then I’ll cover it up)

My solution was to run to the local grocer and get some ace bandages. No sooner than you could say hard nipples, my arm was covered. Crisis averted, core temperature maintained. Although this did present another interesting dilemma, if you’re not in the know then you may wonder what I did to my arm that would warrant bandaging.

So I decides to play it cool. Like the Fonz, and like Jack in “Fight Club” when he goes to work all bloody. I decide that if anyone asks me what I did to my arm. I’d say “Nothing” and nothing else. It would be so awkward for them that they would never bring it up again. Check-and-Mate. Engineers are such socially awkward people to begin with (most, not all), it’s been working like a charm.
Anyway, I’m quite literally comfortable and cool.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home