Pure Gonzo Engineering

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Here we are trapped in the amber of the moment. There is no why.

I’m still having a hard time grasping this reality.


When I was walked out of the Sandbox I expected to never set foot on Opposite of Dog property ever again.

Yesterday my wife was sick so I stayed home to watch the boys. I decided to put window plastic up on our drafty 60+ year old windows.


It’s not a job I’d normally be any good at. It takes too much patience and precision.


I paint with broad strokes.


I slowed down and let my mind come to terms with this new world I was thrust into. My head was clear as I put down the tape, put up the plastic, shrank it with the hair dryer and trimmed it was a razor.


By the time I had several done I felt less scrambled.


The irony of the situation isn’t lost on me.


I appreciate this sick sense of humor the universe has.


I left Peoria, and Peoria decided to follow me. I wanted freedom from the endless processes of the machine and the bosses bosses bosses boss, none of whom know a damn thing about what is going on, yet they will be back. They will come to this group of engineers who still exist in a corporate framework, but at the end of the day are accountable to each other more than their superiors. We design to make something great, not to fulfill metrics and be “Green” for gate reviews.


Maybe I can take part in how the transition happens. Maybe I can make my voice heard as the big fish swallows the little fish.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home